Staying fit is staying alive, and action is the key to success when it comes to getting healthy.
Be honest. It’s been years of people constantly nibbling away at your ears with these good-for-nothing quotes and you’re sick of it.
More often than not, even people who realize the importance of a healthy lifestyle, exercising and working out, end up being tied up by other responsibilities.
Working out is a big commitment, not just for the amount of energy and will power spent on it, but also because of the time and money involved. And that is precisely where at-home exercises come in.
The common perspective says that if you want to start working out, the first thing you have to do is to take out 3 hours of your day and find a good gym to join. Apart from requiring time you don’t have, this commitment also requires money you might not want to spend when you’re just starting out.
The problem is that for some people, time is of real consequence, and for others, spending a boatload of cash on a gym membership does not make sense because they fear that they might not even go after two days.
The answer to all of those woes can be found in at-home exercises. You won’t have to spend a wad of cash until you know for sure that you’re fully committed (following it daily) and you won’t have to spend 3 hours for your trip to the gym!
Also, contrary to popular belief, these exercises are incredibly safe to do on your own. Very little can go wrong, unless you do it in GOD mode on your very first day for instance!
List of 5 Most Effective At-Home Workouts
We have enlisted the most effective at-home exercises for you that require no equipment at all! You can even drop and do them in your office whenever you get the time! (Though you might wanna keep an extra shirt around in that case)
Lunging is a great exercise to stretch your hamstring as well as build up tension in your thigh muscle. Doing this every day will not only tone your thigh but also strengthen your knees and reduce chances of knee injuries and aches.
● Stand upright with your back straight and feet together.
● Put your hands on your waist and put your leg forth, bending both the knees. Your thigh should be parallel to the ground and back straight all the time.
● Now keeping the front feet firm on the ground pull your torso up, straightening the rear knee. Repeat 10 times for each leg.
Squats target your abdomen, femur, and thigh, muscle groups. Not only these, but squats also tone your hips and get them in great shape to make you look good.
● Start with a 2 feet gap between your legs.
● Bring your hands up to eye level and join both hands into a fist.
● Now bend the knees and go down while keeping both feet firmly on the ground
● Remember to keep your back absolutely straight and your torso immobile. A common mistake that people do is moving the torso back while they go down. That makes the whole exercise futile.
Push-ups are probably the most famous and known exercises because of “the challenge” that people like to do to see who can do more. Though its popularity can also be said to be well-founded because of the immense benefits has for your upper body strength. Doing regular push-ups will strengthen right from your shoulders to your biceps!
● Start with sitting on your knees and putting your hands on the ground.
● Now stretch your feet back, raising your knees and putting your whole body into a straight line, on the support of your arms
● Now go down until you reach one inch from the ground. Then go back up. Remember to keep your torso in line with your back.
● Do 3 sets of 10 push-ups each day and increase the reps gradually.
Burpees are probably the best way to go if you are aiming for fat loss or weight loss. The benefits of burpees go right from total body toning to torching your belly fat entirely. You will start feeling your belly getting tucked in, within the first few weeks of following this exercise daily. With high-intensity fat burn, burpees can also tone your thigh muscles, calves, and hips if you tweak your exercise accordingly.
● Start with standing straight and your arms up.
● Now go down to put your arms on the ground and on the support of your arms, take your legs back and go into a pushup position.
● Do a pushup and then bring your legs back to their initial position and jump aiming your hands as high up as you can!
Round up your short exercise routine with a plank! Plank position is famous for strengthening the core and increasing your overall inner body strength.
● Get into a pushup position.
● Instead of raising your body with your hand, support your body with your arms. (Hands to elbows should be on the ground)
● Stay there for at least 1 minute. Increase the time gradually.
Can I Replace Gym with At-Home Exercises?
This is a question that we have been asked constantly for many years! While there is no right answer to this, we are of the opinion that it depends. If you have a very strict office schedule that does not let you take time out from your day at all, or if you just don’t have those types of fitness goals that the regular gym goers have, these exercises could be your best option to keep your body active!
On the other hand, if you want to build up a good physique, you cannot do it with these in-house exercises! You would have to do resistance training, i.e. lifting and training with weights. So, in the end, it comes down to what YOUR aim for your body is!
Nevertheless, these at-home exercises are always beneficial to keep in your mind for when you go on vacations or take breaks from your regular workouts. This in-house routine is perfect for keeping your body in an active mode and your testosterone levels spiked up all the time! Go break some eggs!